Sunday 17 June 2012

Paris Fashion Week SS 2012...Anne-Catherine

 
Anne-Catherine, before Sonia Rykiel, Paris, October 2011. 

I can almost feel the heat (despite it still being sweater weather in the UK!) on the day I took these photos in Paris in early October last year. It was soooo hot.....and we had all packed for cooler, Autumn weather. Anne-Catherine got it right though - a sheer oversized shirt paired with a cute pair of shorts and loafers. Chic in the heat.

Recreate Anne-Catherine's Look (kind of):

Diane von Furstenberg New Boymuda plaid shorts, Milly Dickies shorts, Alice + Olivia slim shorts, Stella McCartney deckchair striped shorts, Burberry jacquard shorts or NW3 Ditsy floral shorts

Stay cool and fresh in a semi-sheer or sheer shirt: Free People Best of Both Worlds shirt, Rory Beca Laura pocket tunic shirt, Dsquared2 Gladis T top, T by Alexander Wang paneled silk shirt or ASOS pussybow shirt (in cream)


p.s. Just got back from a week's glamping in Wales which was fabulous! Hence the lack of blog posts. Spain photos and photos from glamping coming soon (wish my blog would automatically update with new posts ;)

p.p.s. With all the time I have spent in the car over the last few weeks I can tell you that from Bordeaux to San Sebastian, Álava to Bidderay, Lampeter to Aberaeron everyone LOVES "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye (and featuring Kimbra). It is played everywhere! Fun fact: In 2010 I was wandering around Melbourne with my camera and randomly photographed Kimbra and her friend Devin. They were actually out shopping for a dress for Kimbra's first video clip (she ended up wearing Gail Sorronda)! Weird how you meet people in life and then they become super famous :)

8 comments:

  1. Her style is so easy and chic, you're right! I love your photography by the way!

    -Hannah

    servinupstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the haircut and the pants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Anne-Catherine! She always looks so cute and super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always super stylish no matter what the season, no need for shorts in Paris lately I think summer has been and gone...love the sound of the glamping trip.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love her! The haircut is amazing, and I love the shorts, they are very chic!

    www.theionfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful beautiful, lovely blog,
    visit my blog and follow me ,
    it has news for y'all
    The blog is new and is super cool

    ReplyDelete
  7. @everyone - you guys love Anne-Catherine as much as me it seems!

    @Hannah - correct. It is how she is in "real life" and I love that :) Thanks for your kind words about my photos as well!

    @monkeyshines - correct!

    @Inele - I think I photographed her in these shorts before! Love that she recycles her wardrobe and that everything isn't just worn once and discarded.

    @Lauren and @theionfashion - me too :)

    @Carla - is it selfish of me to want the weather to stay a little bit cool so I don't have to troop around in 35 -39 degree celcius heat next week in Paris? ! I would like sunny weather....just not too hot! Not too much to ask ;)

    @eve - it is pretty isn't it!

    @KAKA - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete